funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] Think about breaking DMCA? Go Straight to jail!

From: der Mouse <mouse () Rodents Montreal QC CA>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 14:48:27 -0400 (EDT)

Child porn is the same way, possession is illegal (even if the naked
person in the picture merely LOOKS underage and you can't prove
otherwise).

I believe that depends on the jurisdiction.  I've heard it said that
some are even crazy enough to make text-only pr0n into illegal
kiddie-porn if it satisfies certain criteria.

I wonder how this would affect the Russian sites that sell MP3's for
pennies per megabyte?  Although I've always wondered if these sites
are actually legal or not, even though they all say they are.

They may well be legal.  Don't forget, US laws are local ordinances.

/~\ The ASCII                           der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML               mouse () rodents montreal qc ca