funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] Problem Solved: Bush Creates Task Force to Fight Identity Theft

Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 17:50:13 -0600

He may sign it but he will no doubt add a signing statement also
negating it like he has done with most of this kind of legislation.

Daniel

Brian Loe wrote:
On 5/10/06, harriet () note com <harriet () note com> wrote:
I imagine he'll simply put a stop to anyone talking about it .. ending all
the 'horror stories.'  If no stories .. no problem .. right?  That's about his
level of expertise.

Is that an educated guess? I've just been reviewing new legislation
that will require private companies to be more forthcoming about
security uh-ohs of all kinds - and Bush is expected to sign (eWeek
article, I believe it was). What am I missing?