funsec mailing list archives

Re: Finn Takes Gold at Mobe Throwing Contest

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 21:45:34 -0400

On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 09:48:33 +1000, mikeiscool said:

I'm still trying to grasp the concept of him *throwing* a *soccer
ball* from goal to goal? I could only just *kick* it that distance;
and even then there would need to be a fair amount of  energy in the
ball already.

I just can't see the ability to *throw* a soccer ball that far. Goal
to goal? No way. Surely I've misread something ...

Given that in the World Cup, a goalie throw is to midfield, at most, and they
usually come *way* forward in the box.....