funsec mailing list archives

RE: Finn Takes Gold at Mobe Throwing Contest

From: Blanchard_Michael () emc com
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 10:04:34 -0400

 I know that everyone is waiting for this update!

  Last night I was able to throw a "cell phone like device", ok it was a rock that was roughly the size and weight of
my motorola i730....  Without hurting myself, I made it past the 50 yard mark, but didn't reach the 75 yard mark, was
roughly around 60 yard mark, but I called it 55yards just to be safe.  This was without hurting myself and without
training or anything like that....  Get a professional ball player to throw a mobile phone and I'm sure they'll beat
that 89 yard record....  I doubt if I could get to the 89 yard mark though....

   The soccer field that my son used to play was between 30 and 50 yards I'd guess, it was pretty small so it might be
closer to 30 than 50, I could throw their soccer ball from the goal box on one end and have the coach catch it at the
other end....  Adjusting for lack of full measuring again, and the fact that I could really care less how far I
actually threw the darned thing, at that time and now, I'll say that it was a 30 yard throw of a youth soccer ball.
Youth soccer balls are smaller than the ones the pros use...  The kids on the teams could easily throw from the center
line to either goalie, and these kids were like 6 - 8 years old....

Phew!  That was fun!  :-)

Michael P. Blanchard
Antivirus / Security Engineer, CISSP, GCIH, CCSA-NGX, MCSE
Office of Information Security & Risk Management
EMC ² Corporation
4400 Computer Dr.
Westboro, MA 01580