funsec mailing list archives

RE: Using ad serving software for censoring news stories

From: "David Harley" <david.a.harley () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 18:34:42 +0100

As do our officials. I'll be damned, however, if the government is
going to govern MY opinion.

Quite right too. However, I quite like the idea of courts and the media
actually respecting such quaint concepts as innocent until proven guilty. It
would be good to see more of it.

Maybe in the UK your papers are made up of officials?
They're not the PEOPLE excersing a RIGHT to a FREE PRESS.

If they're officials, they have a curious way of expressing their
subservience to the government of the day. Practically any day.

You might be happy for people to be tried and
convicted by the press, but that's not the British Way of Life.

Really? I beg to differ, but, oh well...

For someone who doesn't read the UK press, you seem to have strong opinions
on its influence on our judiciary...

Has your beloved King crushed all of the blogs that may
or may not be calling these people terrorists yet?

We have a King? Did I miss something?

--
David Harley
Security Author & Consultant