funsec mailing list archives

RE: U.S. Government Lawyer Defends Wiretapping Program

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 16:40:57 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 6 Sep 2006, Richard M. Smith wrote:

Tony can be contacted here at this email address:  tony.coppolino () usdoj gov

A terrorist nuke sounds pretty far fetched to me.  I also don't know what it
has to do with the current NSA telephone monitoring programs.

However, I'm curious about Tony's views on how the U.S. government would
handle an anonymous tip that a nuke had been smuggled into DC and no one had
a clue if the tip was true or not.

What's wrong with the usual strategy of running around like headless
chickens?