funsec mailing list archives

Re: Schwarzenegger Opponents' Campaign Acknowledges Downloading

From: "John LaCour" <johnlacour () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 19:48:23 -0700

After poking around a bit, it looks like there used to be a ton of
mp3 files on speeches.gov.ca.gov.    Google for
site:speeches.gov.ca.gov "High Quality" and you'll get the
html pages with links to the public ones.

I'm guessing someone crawled that server and got a bunch
more stuff.   It's all gone now.

-John

On 9/12/06, Dude VanWinkle <dudevanwinkle () gmail com> wrote:
On 9/12/06, Richard M. Smith <rms () bsf-llc com> wrote:

<you did it>
> But Schwarzenegger's legal affairs secretary, Andrea Lynn Hoch, said earlier
> that the access was "unauthorized" and that an internal audit discovered the
> six-minute audio file was hacked from the private computer system of the
> Governor's Office on Aug. 29 and 30.
<or>
> Angelides campaign manager Cathy Calfo confirmed to the SACRAMENTO BEE that
> her staff used one computer to access the audio clip on those days. But she
> said her staff did not hack into the Governor's Office server and that the
> file was widely available on Schwarzenegger's Web site.
<no I didtn>

Couldnt any search engine/.gov indexer give us the rare opportunity to
tell us which one of these is the correct statement? I would love to
see a politician caught lying to the public, no matter which side :-)

-JP<whats the binary header for .wav's?>