funsec mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft shutters Windows private folders

From: "C Q" <kyle.c.quest () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 21:32:50 -0400

Weither or not you have good or evil admins they are not gods.
Just because they administer networks and systems doesn't
mean that should have access to the data on the systems and
the network they administer.

Either way... there's no such thing as absolute security and
using EFS, Private Folders, other data encryption mechanisms
makes it much harder to compromise data confidentiality.

If I use the same logic about bypassing protection mechanisms
than I can say that a safe in a secret bunker with an army of guards
can't protect CEO's data either... All I have to do is inject him with
a poison that activates within 2 hours if an antidote is not given...