funsec mailing list archives

Re: RE: [privacy] Gas prices and car driving

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 15:44:34 -0500

On 8/2/06, Dude VanWinkle <dudevanwinkle () gmail com> wrote:
On 8/2/06, Alex Eckelberry <AlexE () sunbelt-software com> wrote:
> Well, I just bought a Prius.  Best damned car I've ever owned.  Just
> amazing.  60 mpg if you work it right.

It freaks me out to move without hearing an engine though

its still cool tho, kinda like george jetsons car. Has a power button
and everything :-)

I thought they only got 40mpg?

The last thing I caught in the news was that the higher cost of
hybrids takes ten years in reduced gas usage to break even. Most
people don't own the same car that long.

A Volkswagen <> diesel can get 600 miles to a tank. Make it biodiesel
and save even more. Combust used, strained vegetable oil and live
free. Sounds good anyway...