funsec mailing list archives

Re: RE: [privacy] Gas prices and car driving

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 21:05:23 -0400

On Wed, 02 Aug 2006 19:35:18 CDT, Brian Loe said:

raced a gas car, a natural gas car and a methane car. The reason
Americans would never adopt the latter two was obvious, SPEED. :)

Hmm.. I don't know about other people, but if I had a car that had a
top speed of 80mph, that would be fine by me.

What *is* needed is enough *acceleration* to be able to merge with traffic
at the end of the on ramp.  And quite frankly, that's only an issue when
I'm in an urban area.  Trying to merge onto the Washington Beltway in an
87 Toyota Tercel is *scary*.