funsec mailing list archives

RE: Consumer Reports Slammed for Creating 'Test' Viruses

From: Blanchard_Michael () emc com
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 13:05:24 -0400

 You use the existing viruses that are out there.  In order to be a variant,
there has to be some similarities that you can produce your pattern sig for.

  I'll repeat, never, EVER is it warrented to create new viruses for any
reason, period.

Michael P. Blanchard
Antivirus / Security Engineer, CISSP, GCIH, CCSA-NGX, MCSE
Office of Information Security & Risk Management
EMC ² Corporation
4400 Computer Dr.
Westboro, MA 01580