funsec mailing list archives

RE: Did the South Portland Maine police overreact or not?

From: Blanchard_Michael () emc com
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 17:20:06 -0500

 If I was the officer, I would have reacted the same way.  I don't care if he had a Winnie the pooh costume on, from 20
feet away I'm sure that ak-47 looked awfully real plastic or not, along with the dynamite ands such.

  Now, with the sign he was waving, and the fact it was Halloween, I'm sure the cops figured that it was just some
idiot and never actually expected to pull the trigger.  But I for one wouldn't bet MY life on it, if it looks like a
real weapon, it IS a real weapon until proven otherwise, I certainly would have had my weapon drawn and ready....
  This guy wasn't a 10 year old (hell 10 year old's have more sense that that guy did) he is a 49 year old idiot that
should know better...

Michael P. Blanchard
Antivirus / Security Engineer, CISSP, GCIH, CCSA-NGX, MCSE
Office of Information Security & Risk Management
EMC ² Corporation
4400 Computer Dr.
Westboro, MA 01580