funsec mailing list archives

Re: Did the South Portland Maine police overreact or not?

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 22:19:49 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 1 Nov 2006, Brian Loe wrote:

On 11/1/06, Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com> wrote:

My understanding was that all USians have the right to bear arms. The
Constitution doesn't say anything about the colour of the muzzle. Surely
he has a case anyway?

Its a toy Solly, or did you miss that?

No, I spotted that, right off. But surely USians have the right to bear
*real* arms also? Or are you saying there needs to be laws against toy
guns (but not real ones)? It would be really absurd if he was allowed to
wave a real gun around, but not a toy!