funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] "Report warns of people-tagging madness"

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 10:16:51 -0600

On 11/2/06, Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu <Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu> wrote:
On Wed, 01 Nov 2006 16:21:55 CST, Brian Loe said:
moderator-irritating religious debate. Suffice it to say, we elected
him knowing his beliefs, we're getting what we've got.

Even if he *was* elected properly, there's a good chance that Diebold and
company will make sure that mistake doesn't happen again.

Right, Diebold will make sure the Democrat gets elected.

                                                       Further, the
President of the US doesn't decide policy but is a part of a system
that does.

The current President thinks the Constitution is "just a piece of paper",
has publicly announced he intends to interpret any and all laws as he sees
fit (see "signing statements"), and there's no indication that either of
the other two branches is in any position to stop him.

I'd like to see where you got the quote of him saying the Constitution
is just a piece of paper? I can find lots of resources for the "living
document" comments of just about every leading Democrat - to include
the Clintoons.

What happens if the Supreme Court stands up to him, and is declared an
"enemy combatant" and promptly disappeared to someplace to *not* be brought
up before a military tribunal anytime in their natural lifespan?

Sorry, I'm unable to diagnose or council anyone's paranoia....