funsec mailing list archives

Re: UK: Hacker Dodges Prison Term

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 14:20:24 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 9 Nov 2006, Col wrote:

On 11/8/06, Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com> wrote:
It seems to me that he didn't do anything too terrible. And therefore
doesn't deserve prison.

He still created a virus or two and released them. Bad enough in my

Did he? I didn't know about that, and it wasn't reported in the article.
What it said in the article, was that he guessed four Myspace passwords.

Certainly a naughty thing to do, but I really don't see it as something
you put someone in prison for.

How did you find out about the viruses that he released?