funsec mailing list archives

Re: UK: Hacker Dodges Prison Term

From: Col <colweb () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 14:32:12 +0000

On 11/9/06, Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com> wrote:
Did he? I didn't know about that, and it wasn't reported in the article.
What it said in the article, was that he guessed four Myspace passwords.

Certainly a naughty thing to do, but I really don't see it as something
you put someone in prison for.

How did you find out about the viruses that he released?

From the original article -

"Byrne was traced, identified and arrested by the Metropolitan
Computer Crime Unit, after the defacement was reported by
loveandfriends.com. He admitted the offence. Forensic examination of
his computer and media also revealed that he was responsible for the
writing of the "MIRSA .A and MIRSA B" mass-mailing worms."

Worm/Virus...

Col.