funsec mailing list archives

Re: Image spam hits a new level...

From: "Dennis Henderson" <hendomatic () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 09:45:09 -0600

On 11/18/06, Jeff Kell <jeff-kell () utc edu> wrote:

Haven't seen anything like this until this weekend.  If it's old news,
sorry to clutter your inboxes, but this is getting extreme.

Jeff

Can still read it... well enough to score...  HEHE

Hopefully the grass roots OCR initiative will drive this into the ground. I
also notice commercial vendors announcing OCR capabilities in the "next
release"..

timmae:/home/hendo # gocr  -i spam.gif
_RADiNc __!
WE _E A R_ 'STARiim TO HAPPEN.
iT'S JUsT BEcimiM oF 1 _EK PRO_ioN !.

irde _i   Monday_ November 2O_ N06
Com_y i     _G cwu_ I nc.
Sybol _.      pRc J
c_rent Nice i  $1 33 Up $O. 19(16 .52X) on Fri_
Ratig_      10110
R__i_im_. SROM Buy

We want to _n_atu la_ a l l Of OUr _mberS _O r_' d v pRcJ
Trading Alert on Frid_ _ We think the pun is j_ust _inning with
?iS stock. _ egg_t _til it is too late!.!.!. Rem_r this is
a S_R_ BUY  E    ATiON _. .