funsec mailing list archives

Re: RE: bankone/chase non-scam

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 09:59:21 -0500

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 19:59:10 EST, Larry Seltzer said:
I don't see any headers on these e-mails so I can't judge them. I don't
see enough proof that these messages are legit, but I see no reason to
believe they are illegit. How could they possibly be used in a scam?

If nothing else, banks that *do* send stuff out this way make it a lot
harder for us to chant the "Banks don't send stuff like this, it's a phish"
mantra.

If users get in the mindset of "Bank XYZ sends me stuff like this", then
it's a lot easier to phish XYZ.