funsec mailing list archives

RE: "Perspective: Wresting free from a software straitjacket"

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 16:56:20 +0000 (GMT)

We believe in KISS. We just don't know a way to do it.

On Fri, 1 Dec 2006, Young, Keith wrote:

From Paul Vixie:
http://news.com.com/2010-1002_3-6139456.html?part=rss&tag=2547-1_3-0-5

Exactly. When did we, the security community, stop believing in the
K.I.S.S. principle and start believing in the "buy the latest
IDS/IPS/firewall/enpoint-security/data-leak-protection/patching/vulnerab
ility-scanner/harddrive-encryption/anti-malware/log-correlation/etc/etc/
etc/etc" principle that we are poorly implementing today?

--Keith

Keith Young, Security Official
Department of Technology Services
Montgomery County, Maryland