funsec mailing list archives

Re: German professor: Unluckiest Friday 13th since 1520

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 18:05:14 -0400

On 10/14/06, Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah
Date sent:              Fri, 13 Oct 2006 23:36:42 +0100 (BST)
From:                   Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>

> Anyone remember Friday 13, October 1989? That was pretty exciting, what
> with Jerusalem, Datacrime and Columbus Day.

Yes, indeed, but wasn't "Columbus Day" merely one of the Datacrime versions?
(First of the "media" viruses, though, I suppose ...)

Unfortunately it is still being taught to americas kids. I was just
watching a Nova special about the columbus debate. Apparently when
Paul Mellon presented his "viking map" on columbus day 1965, the
response in the newspapers described it a a "communist plot"

Even though the map proved to be a fake, it still goes to show the
lengths we will go to avoid writing accurate history (viking
settlements have been found in Nova Scotia from around 1100 CE)

-JP<who is of the opinion the native americans discovered america ;-)