funsec mailing list archives

Re: FW: Windows Live and Privacy

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 22:41:23 -0600

On 12/4/06, Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com> wrote:
You can copyright your street if you made it. If you created your house,
then you own the copyright to it just as you would any sculpture. You do
not to take any action, the copyright is automatically yours. But it's up
to you to enforce the copyright, if it's violated.

News to me and I'm pretty sure not exactly true either, especially in
this instance. In the US (at least) I am free to take a photograph
from a public place of virtually anything (so long as I'm not peeping
through your windows). If not, the tabloids would go out of business.
Having seen many European rags - or pictures from those in Europe -
with the same content I have to believe the laws are very similar if
not the same.