funsec mailing list archives

[privacy] believe what I tell you to believe because I said so

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 15:51:55 -0400

From:
http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=newsOne&storyID=2006-10-17T191301Z_01_N17413926_RTRUKOC_0_US-SECURITY-BUSH.xml&pageNumber=1&imageid=&cap=&sz=13&WTModLoc=NewsArt-C1-ArticlePage1
or
http://tinyurl.com/ynfete

Bush said it would allow intelligence professionals to question
suspects without fear of being sued by them later.

"This bill spells out specific recognizable offenses that would be
considered crimes in the handling of detainees so that our men and
women who question captured terrorists can perform their duties to the
fullest extent of the law," he said.

Ok, my point in writing this email is to see if anyone knows of a
_free_ trusted source where I can get a digital copy of the law that
was passed. I would be very interested in seeing the law and coming to
my own conclusions, but I have never been able to find the actual text
of these new laws.

-JP