funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] believe what I tell you to believe because I said so

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 19:21:34 -0400

On 10/17/06, Scott Frisbie <scottf () eacceleration com> wrote:
Not sure if this is what you're looking for. The only GWB stuff I've seen so
far is the speech on this link where he's urging everyone to sign, and the
speech he gave after he signed it today(Lots of hullaballoo at
whitehouse.GOV).
http://www.loc.gov/rr/frd/Military_Law/MC_Act-2006.html

I was just referring to signing statements in general. I was wondering
if what I see on record at the library of congress online is the
actual law, or just a previous revision. Judging from this:

Bushes Signing statement for a 2005 law:
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2005/12/20051230-8.html

and this:

the law on record accessible via Thomas:
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/D?c109:7:./temp/~c109jBB0zZ::

the records dont seem to contain the signing statements. This means I
will have to grep whitehouse.gov after reviewing the Thomas docs, just
to be safe

-JP