funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] Highway safety

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 20:24:36 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 24 Oct 2006, Brian Loe wrote:

On 10/24/06, Dennis Henderson <hendomatic () gmail com> wrote:
As much as I hate to contrast the opinion of a fellow wacky liberal
anarchist... :)

Its okay, I figured you would eventually.

I think the authorities would remind you that driving is a privilege, not a
right.

They've convinced most everyone of that, haven't they? :) Trouble is,
the right to travel is one of those unenumerated rights we enjoy as
humans - the the roads we travel on are paid for by our tax dollars,
so they're public areas which can not be denied to me.

But only on condition that you agree to follow certain rules.

If everyone could choose which side to drive on, the whole thing wouldn't
work. The requirement to drive on the left (or, in some wacky countries,
on the right) is not a violation of your constitutional rights.