funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] RFID keyless ignition is now standard in the 2007 NissanAltima

From: "Alex Eckelberry" <AlexE () sunbelt-software com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 12:15:27 -0500

Btw -- many cars are coming with this feature.  My Prius has it (and I
love this feature btw).

I think a lot of research has been done on the subject of security by
Prius owners (many of whom are quite technical by the nature of the car
itself).  I think that might be the best place to start the research.
The consensus on Prius forums, however, is that these systems aren't the
easiest to break.

If you find anything interesting, let us know.

Alex