funsec mailing list archives

Re: Beer [was Re: R: "Safest ever" passport is not fit for purpose]

From: "Dennis Henderson" <hendomatic () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 14:39:18 -0600

On 3/8/07, der Mouse <mouse () rodents montreal qc ca> wrote:

>> [I]n England [...] pretty much every pub offers good beer, and
>> served at the correct temperature, too.

I forget where I saw this....

       "It is said that the English like to drink their beer warm.
       This is not true.  They drink their beer at room temperature.
       No-one who has spent much time in England will confuse this
       with `warm'."

A truly good beer can be drank at most any temperature under 70 degrees.
My experience with English beers is that the ales were served at "cellar"
temperatures and the lagers like Carlsberg were chilled slightly more.