funsec mailing list archives

Re: Beer [was Re: R: "Safest ever" passport is not fit for purpose]

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 00:30:36 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007, Gadi Evron wrote:

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007, Drsolly wrote:
On Thu, 8 Mar 2007, Gadi Evron wrote:

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007, Dennis Henderson wrote:
On 3/8/07, der Mouse <mouse () rodents montreal qc ca> wrote:

[I]n England [...] pretty much every pub offers good beer, and
served at the correct temperature, too.

I forget where I saw this....

       "It is said that the English like to drink their beer warm.
       This is not true.  They drink their beer at room temperature.
       No-one who has spent much time in England will confuse this
       with `warm'."

A truly good beer can be drank at most any temperature under 70 degrees.
My experience with English beers is that the ales were served at "cellar"
temperatures and the lagers like Carlsberg were chilled slightly more.

BEER

I will be in the UK end of March, I will measure.

To get an accurate measurement, you have to measure a lot of them and take
an average.

Is a lot less than several a day? :P

The larger the sample, the more accurate the measurement. It's a tough
job, but someone has to do it.