funsec mailing list archives

Re: IPv6, C&C (not botnets, coffe and cats)

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 20:54:11 -0400

On 6/29/07, Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org> wrote:
Other followups included Chris Morrow's:
> I can't help it:
>
> "If a bot-car is headed north on I-75 at 73 miles per hour for 3 hours
> and a bot-truck is headed west on I-90 at 67 miles per hour, how long
> until they are 129 miles apart?"

And Steve Bellovin's:
Hmm -- I was going to say 127.1 miles apart, but that's not a v6
address...  1918 miles apart?

The real question is "If a bot-car is headed north on I-75 sending
1,536,000 pump-and-dump spam per hour for 3 hours and a bot-truck is
headed west on I-90 which is delivering 300,000  c!@l!$ adds per hour
how many phishing sites can they host?"

-JP<bonus question how many "hard" rich people would they leave in their wake?>