funsec mailing list archives

Re: UK: Drivers may be banned from smoking at the wheel

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 07:01:43 -0400

On 5/13/07, Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com> wrote:
On Sat, 12 May 2007, Dude VanWinkle wrote:

> On 5/12/07, Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com> wrote:
> > On Sun, 13 May 2007, Fergie wrote:

> > > Wow. The UK really _is_ The Nanny State. :-)
> >
> > You think people should be allowed to drive with one hand on the wheel and
> > the other holding their mobile while chatting to their friends?
> >
> > I don't mind if they total their car, but the problem is, I might be the
> > other party in the collision.
>
> I think he was referring to the cigarettes, we have several states
> that require hands-free sets while driving.

Same thing. If they had hand-free cigarettes, I wouldn't mind. I think
that the state has a legitimate interest in stopping dickheads from
harming other people via their dumb actions.

I agree. Most accidents in the US are caused by people over 65. We
should ban all the old fucks from driving, to save the younger and
more important citizens. ;-)

-JP<the smoker who has driven 15 years while smoking and has never
been in a wreck>