funsec mailing list archives

Re: UK: Drivers may be banned from smoking at the wheel

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 13:39:03 -0500

On 5/13/07, Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com> wrote:

Same thing. If they had hand-free cigarettes, I wouldn't mind. I think
that the state has a legitimate interest in stopping dickheads from
harming other people via their dumb actions.

How would you propose they do that, a ban on dumb actions? Dumb
people? Good luck with that. What power are you unwilling to grant the
state anyway?

And it seems a bit odd that you're so pro babysitting by the state to
save you from dumb people but completely against that same state doing
all it can to save you from terrorists...

Have you read the following
http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/features/2007/06/hitchens200706