funsec mailing list archives

Re: Quote of the Day: Bruce Schneier

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 14:04:39 -0500

On 5/17/07, sam stover <sam.stover () gmail com> wrote:
> Wow, I didn't expect an answer. Its a silly idea that a country can
> export "lifestyle and culture" - at best, it can import it. But, hey,
> I'll read up on Mr. Johnson for the hell of it...If Ron Paul (Dr. No)
> is reading him, why not.

You don't think we're exporting our culture into Iraq?

No, but we should, ASAP

I can understand how we might export our form of government, but a
government doesn't represent culture.

We have "china towns" in many of our major cities - that's importing
culture by allowing immigrants from a given culture into the country,
and their being successful. Is there a mini U.S. in Iraq that isn't a
military base?

We have military bases all over the world, those countries want them
there for one reason or another. I don't see that as exporting our
culture either. Everyone wants us to be world cop, and then complain
when we are.