funsec mailing list archives

Re: Quote of the Day: Bruce Schneier

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 15:40:08 -0400

On Thu, 17 May 2007 14:04:39 CDT, Brian Loe said:
You don't think we're exporting our culture into Iraq?

No, but we should, ASAP

We've been trying for 4 years.  For some odd reason, they seem to prefer
their *own* culture and wish we'd quit trying to force ours on them.

But we're a stupid stubborn country, and can't realize that the fact that
some 76% of the people there want us to leave, and that multiple IEDs are
exploding every day, might be a hint that we should pack up and go home.

Gotta admit - the only thing that's worse than having a culture forced on you
is having it forced on you by a stupid country.

And you're not allowed to have a double standard - if you think we should
be forcing our culture on them, then you really have no moral or ethical
grounds to complain if they declare a jihad and do exactly the same thing to us.

We have military bases all over the world, those countries want them
there for one reason or another.

They "want" them there because we made them an offer they couldn't refuse,
in many cases.