funsec mailing list archives

Re: WHAT TIMING!!

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 12:59:46 -0500

On 8/29/07, Oliver Schneider <Borbarad () gmxpro net> wrote:
You'll love everything this black man has to say:

Indeed, what a timing.

Okay, weapons are tools - right? What uses for guns ("tools") other than killing or at least injuring someone or
something do you know?

Sport. Hunting. Entertainment. Self-Defense (do you differentiate
between killing and murdering, I wonder?).

I wouldn't mind a knife, which has other uses ...

Hunting, carving, killing (especially in the UK, apparently).

or cars and so on ...,

Traveling, killing (leading cause of death in the country, period).

but when talking about homicide, we mostly refer to guns.

Who's "we"? I talk about the cause of homicide - greed, passion or
insanity. "How" is really not a concern of mine - nor should it be for
anyone, your loved one is still dead.

<SNIP>

However, this leaves us with only one final question: how do we change people to not use > the guns to kill

That's a pretty bad question, but I'd try to answer anyway if you'd be
so kind as to provide me with which tool you'd prefer they kill each
other with? I mean, man has killed man since the beginning of time,
and neither of us is going to even consider the idea that they might
learn not to, so we just have to settle on a tool to replace the
firearm, right?

or, if that doesn't work, wouldn't it make sense to restrict the availability *somehow*?

Where do you live? In the US there are thousands of pages of
restrictions on the purchase of a firearm. Its the most regulated
industry in the country.

--
Thank You,
Brian Loe