funsec mailing list archives

Re: The Criminal Underground: A Walk on the Dark Side

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 15:58:55 -0400

On 9/5/07, coderman <coderman () gmail com> wrote:
On 9/5/07, Dude VanWinkle <dudevanwinkle () gmail com> wrote:

i just found this paper which is an excellent overview of how it works:

"Peerbot: Catch me if you can"
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/reference/peerbot.catch.me.if.you.can.pdf

a decription of the kademlia dht protocol is here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kademlia

Thanks again for the links!

I was sent another pretty good paper by Julian Grizzard by someone
offlist, JIC anyone else is a few years out of the loop (like me) its
also a good read:

http://www.usenix.org/events/hotbots07/tech/full_papers/grizzard/grizzard.pdf