funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] A few thoughts, well spoken.

From: "Dennis Henderson" <hendomatic () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 11:28:23 -0500

On 9/11/07, Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org> wrote:

Off-topic, shh.

Let me put it back on topic once more and then Gadi can kill it.

No one demands equal time on these threads, but sometimes there needs to be
a little pushback. Most people say silence is implicit agreement. Since I am
conservative and have been proven that I cannot handle ambiguity like my
superior liberal counterparts, I cant help but respond.

The only thing I would say is that these new laws that have privacy impacts
also have sunset dates.

I hope that once we get past the current threat, that these laws will expire
and the US will once again prove that it can adjust to the current
environment and threat scene. I will stand with everyone demanding that
these controversial laws be rescinded once we get there.

In the meantime, I'll grit my teeth and try to trust that my government it
truly trying to help. Maybe famous last words, maybe not.

10-4 over and out.