funsec mailing list archives

Re: Mythbusters beat biometric finger print security

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 23:24:01 +0100 (BST)

On Sat, 7 Jul 2007, C Q wrote:

Mythbusters are not a British show. It's actually an American show...
Take a look at their bios... It's just for Europe the Discovery Channel
modifies the shows and uses a British voice over guy, so the European
folks feel more comfortable.

No, it's so that we don't need subtitles to understand those impenetrable
accents that some of you have.

I watched the entire first half of "French Connection" without
understanding a single word. Often when Susan watches a US show, she has
the subtitles on. I would too, but I don't know how to work a TV, they
have the most appalling user interface.