funsec mailing list archives

Re: How much security does $1 trillion buy?

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 17:05:47 -0400

On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 15:51:51 CDT, Brian Loe said:

I never heard that from this administration until after we had won the
war.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3909150/

NBC, MSNBC and news services
Updated: 8:11 p.m. ET Jan 8, 2004

WASHINGTON - Secretary of State Colin Powell reversed a year of administration
policy, acknowledging Thursday that he had seen no "smoking gun [or] concrete
evidence" of ties between former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein and al-Qaida.

And what date did we "win" this war, anyhow?  And if we "won" it, that means
we're *not* involved in a war in Iraq now?