funsec mailing list archives

Re: 1/2 OT - it is fun...

From: John Payne <john () sackheads org>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 09:47:15 -0500

On Nov 29, 2007, at 5:35 PM, Brian Loe wrote:

On Nov 29, 2007 3:16 PM, Daniel H. Renner
<dan () losangelescomputerhelp com> wrote:
"The first sensations are a viscous mouth feel and a sweet sherrylike
flavor with nuances of toffee and maple. There are notes of vanilla and
plum and a hint of charred wood. A long, lingering alcohol burn, more
reminiscent of a cognac or brandy than a beer, is followed by a sweet
burned-caramel aftertaste."

I mentioned this beer some time ago - good luck getting a
taste...though I'd love to.

I can't remember if you're one of the Boston area folk on this list.

If you are, start paying attention to beer festival lists. I've drunk a decent amount of Utopia for "FREE" at Extreme 2 years ago or some such.

It reminded me more of a single malt than brandy, but it's been several years since I've had either.