funsec mailing list archives

Re: 1/2 OT - it is fun...

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 16:11:52 -0600

On Nov 30, 2007 4:05 PM,  <Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu> wrote:
On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 14:19:16 CST, Brian Loe said:

Aging beer is all the rage these days - kept correctly, you're
supposed to have a great experience drinking vintage beers.

I don't do alcohol myself - but wasn't some beer manufacturer ranting a
few years ago about their "born on" datestamps on beer and "skunky beer"
that was "too old"?

That was Budweiser. I doubt anyone is aging American style Pilsners
though... Also, their bottles are screw off which leads to skunky beer
over time. I think, too, they might be produced cold (fermented?
filtered?) which *I* believe leads to skunkiness; if its temperature
gets cycled (going from cold to warm and back to cold) too much.