funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] Real ID: More Looming Idiocy

From: "Alex Eckelberry" <AlexE () sunbelt-software com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 11:46:32 -0500

<Long arguments made by others could be inserted here>

Basicaly, unintended consequences; slow degradation of freedoms ("boiling a frog", etc.); preservation of existing
rights that are being slowly degraded (see prior); uselessness of requiring a photo ID (all terrorists have been shown
to have perfectly valid IDs); move toward national ID card (bad thing, Orwell et al), etc.

Alex