funsec mailing list archives

Re: Say it ain't so: Censorship in America

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 22:19:51 +0000 (GMT)

I'm not an American, so I'm constantly amazed at an attitude that says
"Censorship? We don't do that in freedom-loving America", while at the
same time having the most stringent censorship system outside the world of
Islam, done mostly in the names of "God", "Jesus" and "the children".

We're still chuckling over the furore caused by (I forget her name, was it
Jackson?) who showed a nipple at some sporting event, shock, horror, "what
about the children", thus causing millions of children all over America to
go into terminal meltdown or at least be scarred for life by this
appalling sight.

It's even funnier than listening to your president try to talk.