funsec mailing list archives

Re: Land of the free laptop search

From: Blue Boar <BlueBoar () thievco com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 20:57:16 -0700

I think that came up in the original case, or a similar one. If you
decline to provide your password, you have the options of leaving it
with customs for however many weeks they need to complete their examination.

                                        BB

Jacob Appelbaum wrote:
Robert Slade wrote:
Ruling: No suspicion needed to search laptops at U.S. borders
http://www.networkworld.com/news/2008/042308-ruling-no-suspicion-needed-to.html

I'm curious how they intend to break my disk crypto. I'm guessing if you
don't comply, you'll simply lose your laptop without any sort of due
process.

It's a progressive freedom tax!

Sigh,
Jacob