funsec mailing list archives

Re: Land of the free laptop search

From: RandallMan <randallm () fidmail com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 12:37:13 -0500

Funsec sent me:
------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 18:34:43 -0700
From: Jacob Appelbaum <jacob () appelbaum net>
Subject: Re: [funsec] Land of the free laptop search
To: funsec () linuxbox org

Robert Slade wrote:
Ruling: No suspicion needed to search laptops at U.S. borders

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2008/042308-ruling-no-suspicion-needed-to.html

I'm curious how they intend to break my disk crypto. I'm guessing if you
don't comply, you'll simply lose your laptop without any sort of due
process.

It's a progressive freedom tax!

Sigh,
Jacob

My first thought jacob would be "what do you have to hide".
Secondly, who is protecting me against them on sensitive data I may have?
Aren't we talking about a $9-10 an hour, long day job held by locals?

--
RandallMan