funsec mailing list archives

Re: Land of the free laptop search

From: Brad Lhotsky <lhotskyb () mail nih gov>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 10:58:38 -0400

For some reason this reminded me of my favorite bumper sticker: "Freedom
aint Free"  I suppose it's not, but in a free society, shouldn't we as
individuals get a choice as to where/when to pay?

I'd like mine Interest Only with an Adjustable Rate.  Nothing could
possibly go wrong.

Jacob Appelbaum wrote:
Robert Slade wrote:
Ruling: No suspicion needed to search laptops at U.S. borders
http://www.networkworld.com/news/2008/042308-ruling-no-suspicion-needed-to.html

I'm curious how they intend to break my disk crypto. I'm guessing if you
don't comply, you'll simply lose your laptop without any sort of due
process.

It's a progressive freedom tax!

Sigh,
Jacob