funsec mailing list archives

Re: DefCon 'Race to Zero'

From: Rich Kulawiec <rsk () gsp org>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 19:35:01 -0400

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 03:37:19PM -0700, Colin Keigher wrote:
So what? All Defcon is proving is how easy malware spreads. I look
forward to the results myself.

I see ample evidence of how easily malware spreads just by looking
at server/firewall logs that use passive OS fingerprinting.  From
time to time, I can spot the ripple effects of the Outlook virus do jour
or latest Windows security hole by looking at the spikes -- and then
checking out the usual web sites to what it was this time.

---Rsk