funsec mailing list archives

Re: BSDNews.com is hacked and user information is exposed

From: "Jim O'Gorman" <jameso () elwood net>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 15:11:12 -0500

Oh noes! The d00d that did the attack is not happy with me! I have been in a
e-mail exchange with "eagle" who did the hack through out the day. He wants
me to take the information down off my site, as I guess that my two-bit blog
is too much attention for him.

I challenged him to a dual. Told him he can fight me in Call of Duty 4, and
the first to twenty kills is the winner. Alas, he says his parents are going
to buy him an xbox 360 as he does now have one yet. I only have a PS3 and no
windows systems that can run games so it looks like there will be no blood
shed over this one.

Funny thing is, he was sending the threats initially from the same e-mail
address he registered his "golden-warez.com" site with. Crazy Dutch hacker
kids... If only his parents would buy him the Xbox 360 he might have
something to do with all the time on his hands...

So now the question is, with how upset he was that I talked about what he
did on my site - Do I go ahead and post the e-mail thread we have had today?
Makes for fun reading! The guy has his defense all worked out on how he
would not get in trouble if Johnny Law comes knocking on his door. A real
legal mind.

--
Jim O'Gorman
jameso () elwood net