funsec mailing list archives

Re: Who on funsec is in the "Main Core" database?

From: coderman <coderman () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 00:20:10 -0700

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 10:20 PM, Paul Ferguson <fergdawg () netzero net> wrote:
... There are 30+ "databases"... and while the rhetoric
machine says that "...information sharing is a priority..." and it
probably would be a great idea to get this whole "listing" thing
right, I wouldn't put a prayer into it actually becoming "useful".

intercept infrastructure is a tool.  usually the good guys use it, and
do good things with it.  (calea)

some times the good guys do bad things with it.  (plumbers)

some times the bad guys do impressive things with it.  (athens afair)

but this "tool" is here to stay (until rendered irrelevant with strong
end to end authentication and privacy, but sadly, that's a dream on my
bookshelf tucked between 'fusion power' and 'terraform mars')

I speak as someone who has also had a "security clearance" in the
past, but the times -- they are a changin'.

I ALWAYS KNEW YOU WERE ONE THEM!

Chances are, we're all in someone's database somewhere. And the
likelihood of you finding out about apriori are probably nil.

it only gets better and better, more data, all the time, better
correlated, and more dispersed!

"Main Core" is the Crucible [2] of the modern times, yet a replay
of fear-mongering that has played itslef out many times over the
course of human history.

needs more Sartre!

"l'enfer, c'est les autres"