funsec mailing list archives

"l337 h4x0r h4ndb00k" reaction

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 17:21:57 -0800

A couple of years ago I reviewed "l337 h4x0r h4ndb00k" (Elite hacker
handbook).  (It wasn't great.)

Today I received:

Date sent:              Thu, 19 Jun 2008 16:35:53 -0700 (PDT)
From:                   liamsp5590 () gmail com

  wat r you talking about? The book was awsome! It encourages u to
learn new prog languages like VBS and batch(well batch isn't really a
prog lang, but anyways) Sure it didn't tell u how to hack the CIA
website of make a insane end-of-the-world-virus, but d u actually
think worm would be able to put all dat in a book then sell it? He'd
have the FBI at his door. If he would be even allowed 2 sell it. Who
ever u are u need to get an update on current laws. Well mr. Rober M.
Slade please think before actually posting. And by the way, linux is
definetly not more user-friendly than windows. I'm not saying windows
is better cause its not, but linux definetly is not easy all the time.
U have t "Build" things all the time, u have to worry about updating
ur kernel about evry 6 months, Windows is simple, almost useless but
definetly more user friendly. So welcome bac to planet earth! hope u
enjoy ur stay.

P.S Worm, ur book rocks, make a sequel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

I'm not sure whether this is an actual wannabe, or a very clever parody ...

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They
never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our
people, and neither do we.                           - G. W. Bush
     http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2004/08/20040805-4.html
http://victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm