funsec mailing list archives

Re: Evil Internet, yet again

From: "David Harley" <david.a.harley () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 18:55:39 +0100

There is lots of good and accurate info on Wikipedia, but if
you're really going to rely on it you need to check the sources

Indeed. Trust but verify. :)

I'm sure that neither teachers nor parents have anything to
do with the falling exam scores. ;-)

Of course they do. But so do students, and the politicians and bureaucrats
who consider themselves qualified to do most of the agenda (and curriculum)
setting in UK education. :-/

I'm not a teacher (though I'm married to one), but I've had lots of
opportunity to observe ICT teaching here: uncritical copy and paste from the
internet has had a serious impact on pupil performance for the past several
years. I'm not sure it's quite the absolute showstopper that the article
implies, but it's certainly a problem.

--
David Harley, ESET Research Author
AVIEN COO: http://www.avien.org