funsec mailing list archives

Re: Cybercrime as destructive as credit crisis

From: "Thomas Raef" <traef () ebasedsecurity com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 16:36:01 -0600

Read the stuff from Time's Person of the Year 2007 where they chose
Putin:

http://www.time.com/time/specials/2007/personoftheyear/

(Particularly the interview under "A Bible, but no e-mail")

Then think about Putin's mindset, and what that means for the way that
he (and Russia as a whole) feels towards the US.

Now change gears, and think "malware", and then think "RBN", and
ponder
our chances of doing much better at getting at the root causes of
those
two than just playing whack-a-mole with Intercage and McColo.

This shit is *all* connected...

You have broadened my thinking for that - I thank you.